Our upper management team from left to right:About Us
Glenn Pearson (Accountant), Torin Eggen (Basalt Store Manager), Dalene Barton (General Manager), Kaye Davis (Farm Operations Manager/Produce Buyer), Tim Ray (Logistics Director), Nancy Singleton (Former Silt Store Manager), Ramona Haberkorn (Fruita Store Manager), Skip Doty (Owner)
Dalene BartonGeneral Manager of Operations
Kaye DavisOperations Manager of Early Morning Orchard Produce Buyer for Skip’s Farm to Market Stores and Stands
Early Morning Orchard is Skip’s farm and is the foundation for the stores.
Kaye Davis is the Operations Manager for Early Morning Orchard in Palisade, CO and Produce Buyer for Skips Farm to Market. She has been dedicated to the local food movement over the past twenty years as a farm chef, private chef, farmer and farm manager. Her commitment to this movement is based in the belief that supporting local farmers and food producers creates a sustainable and secure local food system, supporting farmers who are stewards for their land, building soil and providing nutrient dense produce for their community. As the Operations Manager at Early Morning Orchard she has created the mission of soil building for nutrient density, growing for the specific needs of the farm's customers, providing opportunity for young farmers, supporting other farms and growing and sourcing produce for food pantries, based in the belief that everyone deserves access to nutrient dense food.
Her team members are as follows...
Assistant Grower - Kasey Weingarten
Farm Workers - Norma Onofre, Maria Onofre, Jose Mendes, Jose Serrano, Bob Cox
Orchard Manager - Chuck Reed
Driver - Chris Scheer
Torin EggenBasalt Store Manager
Torin is a gourmet chef by trade, he has worked up and down the Roaring Fork Valley at restaurants such as The Pullman, The Riviera Supper Club, Steakhouse 316 and The Chefs Club. His organizational skills and deep love of high quality food shows in every aspect of his work. Growing up in a household dedicated to food service he cares deeply about quality, hand crafted food. In his spare time enjoys hanging out with his family and competing in racing his cars.
This next year he wants to build a seasonal menu that features local produce and meats for farm to table dinners at our farm, Early Morning Orchard.
Ramona HaberkornFruita Store Manager
Who we areSkip’s Farm to Market Core Values
We are a year-round farmers’ market and specialty small town grocery, with values rooted in the beliefs that:
- Farming is our foundation. We provide the highest quality produce by supporting farms that are stewards of the land, building healthy soil, pushing the possibilities of seasonal growth by choosing to grow beyond organic, practice seed selection and breeding to preserve biodiversity.
- Prioritizing support for local farmers and vendors helps build and support a sustainable local food system. We want our local communities to thrive and gain food independence.
- Team work, through open communication and commitment, creates lasting partnerships by building strong relationships with our employees, farmers, vendors, and customers.
- Excellent customer service matters, and we want your shopping experience to feel fresh, warm and friendly. We also hope you learn something along the way.
- Food preservation, donating food to underserved communities and composting are smart ways to reduce food waste. Sustainability is important to us and eliminating food going to landfills supports the long-term health of our communities.
“Shake the hand that feeds you.”